Sector: Strategic Businesses
Thorough understanding of critical sovereign issues
Trust, credibility and experience are key factors when approaching industries and services of strategic relevance to national interests. Since inception, Gimar has been working with clients in strategic sectors such as homeland and cyber security, defense, nuclear industry, energy and infrastructure engineering, where securing relevant government bodies’ endorsement is key.
Investment Banking tailored to Strategic Businesses in proximity to national interests
- Extensive and varied experience in sell-side and buy-side M&A for critical businesses, some of them state-owned.
- Independent financial and strategic advisory, free from any conflict of interest.
- Proximity with a broad network of diplomatic, governmental and regulatory bodies and institutions.
- In-depth expertise in specific industries and services, including security, defense, nuclear energy and infrastructure engineering.
- An efficient team of senior advisors and investment bankers for designing and executing strategic transactions, with a results-driven approach.
- Bespoke solutions for special situations.
Selected Strategic Businesses deals
Investment in Bosta
Acquisition of the identity management business of Thales
Thalès Identity Management Business
Disposal of Tronics’ Microsystems to Epcos AG
Disposal of Canberra to Mirion Technologies
Disposal of Novatrans to Groupe Charles André
Groupe Charles André
Axa Private Equity
Acquisition of the defence business of Areva
Disposal of a stake in Areva
Public tender offer on Coflexip and Isis
Coflexip and Isis
Merger with CEA-Industries and Framatome to create Areva
CEA-Industries and Framatome
Acquisition of Alcor