Sector: Financial Institutions
Leading investment bankers in financial services
We provide client support in all corporate finance transactions and advise on strategic options in every phase of the business cycle. Our Financial Institutions Group (FIG) offers a full range of banking support tools to financial institutions, banks, insurance companies, brokers and asset management firms. From tactical asset disposal and build-ups to structuring industrial partnerships, explore what we can do for you.
Investment banking tailored to financial services
- Extensive and varied experience in sell-side, buy-side M&A and capital raising.
- With 8 recent deals closed, our team is at the forefront of the French and Luxembourg Life-Insurance transactions.
- Strategic advisory services for institutional entities with diversified positions.
- Unparalleled proximity with established financial institutions and regulatory bodies.
- A team of dedicated investment bankers with deep experience garnered at renowned investment banks and financial institutions.
- Thanks to our Fintech expertise, an extensive understanding of digital challenges facing the industry.
- Bespoke solutions for special situation scenarios.
Public and private M&A transactions
Build-ups and disposal strategies
Since Gimar’s founding in 1999, we have operated with the rare independence to advise bank, asset management and insurance clients.
We provide unparalleled proximity to the community of financial institutions and regulatory bodies, through our board members and founding and strategic partners. This enables our boutique to understand and anticipate strategic issues in this sector year on year.
Selected Financial Institutions deals
Cholet Dupont acquires Groupe Oudart, the French subsidiary of the Swiss bank EFG International
Acquisition of a 39% stake in the Tunisia-based bank UBCI from BNP Paribas by CARTE Group
Pledg raises €80m with Portage, Aquiline Capital Partners LLC, Smart Lenders Asset Management, ODDO BHF, La Financière Arbevel
Minority disposal of Particeep to Sopra Steria and Truffle Capital
Sale of Koalaboox to Cegid
Score & Secure Payment fundraising by Cegedim
Disposal of a majority stake in the insurance brokerage business to LFPI
Takeover of a 34% stake in Groupe Crystal by Alpheys management