Sector: Financial Institutions
Leading investment bankers in financial services
We provide client support in all corporate finance transactions and advise on strategic options in every phase of the business cycle. Our Financial Institutions Group (FIG) offers a full range of banking support tools to financial institutions, banks, insurance companies, brokers and asset management firms. From tactical asset disposal and build-ups to structuring industrial partnerships, explore what we can do for you.
Investment banking tailored to financial services
- Extensive and varied experience in sell-side, buy-side M&A and capital raising.
- With 8 recent deals closed, our team is at the forefront of the French and Luxembourg Life-Insurance transactions.
- Strategic advisory services for institutional entities with diversified positions.
- Unparalleled proximity with established financial institutions and regulatory bodies.
- A team of dedicated investment bankers with deep experience garnered at renowned investment banks and financial institutions.
- Thanks to our Fintech expertise, an extensive understanding of digital challenges facing the industry.
- Bespoke solutions for special situation scenarios.
Public and private M&A transactions
Build-ups and disposal strategies
Since Gimar’s founding in 1999, we have operated with the rare independence to advise bank, asset management and insurance clients.
We provide unparalleled proximity to the community of financial institutions and regulatory bodies, through our board members and founding and strategic partners. This enables our boutique to understand and anticipate strategic issues in this sector year on year.
Selected Financial Institutions deals
Acquisition of a majority shareholding of equitim by Apicil
Acquisition of Roche-Brune
Roche-Brune Asset Management
Capital increase with new investor
Acquisition of OneLife by APICIL Group
Charterhouse Capital Partners
Acquisition of a majority stake in Siaci Saint Honoré by Charterhouse
Siaci Saint Honoré
OFI Asset Management
Acquisition of Finaveo by AOC Consortium
Combination of Humanis and AG2R La Mondiale employee savings activities
AG2R La Mondiale
Acquisition of Legal & General
Legal & General
Sompo Japan Nipponkoa
Acquisition of a minority stake in Scor
Crédit Mutuel Nord Europe
Change in the corporate structure and governance of the Crédit Mutuel Group
Acquisition of Skandia
Disposal of a 35% stake in AG2R La Mondiale
AG2R La Mondiale